Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Remember Wasilla?

The town made famous by 2008 Republican Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin has now given me another reason to smile. No, I’m not talking about Bristol’s Baby-Daddy, Levi Johnston. Rather, I’m here to gush about my new indie-rock favorite and Wasilla-born, “Portugal. The Man.”

Hard to describe exactly what PTM sounds like, so bear with me. Imagine ‘Indie-Rock’ having intercourse with ‘Blues’ while ‘Folk’ films. Occasionally, ‘Electronic Funk’ will drop in with suggestions, but typically it’s just the three of them in the dingy motel room.

For the evil scientists of the world, I’d say the formula looks something like this:
White Stripes + My Morning Jacket x Mars Volta / Cursive = Portugal...
(Remember to utilize the Order of Operations to ensure positive outcome)

My math might be off a little here, but I think the formula works to an extent. Anyway - motivation for this posting comes from an afternoon session with its newest album “The Satanic Satanist." I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment